Montreal Metro Yellow Line

The Montreal Metro Yellow Line was not part of the original plans but, because Montreal's bid to host the 1967 World's Fair was accepted, the City decided to build the Yellow Line to give access first to the St-Helen Island's where Expo 67 took place and, eventually to the rapidly growing City of Longueuil. 

550x392Photo Journal de Montréal - Montreal Metro

Berri-UQAM - Metro Station
Yellow Line - Green Line - Orange Line

Architecte: Longpré & Marchand. Artwork: Glasswork by Pierre Gaboriau and Pierre Osterrath, Statue by Raoul Hunter, Paintings by Robert LaPalme and Murals by Claude Vermette.

Opened: October 1966 - Green and Orange lines and April 1967 - Yellow line. Origin of the Name: Berri–UQAM is named after Berri Street first created in the 1690s and after the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). 

550x413Photo Montreal Gazette - Montreal Metro

Special Aspect: The Berri-UQAM station can be accessed through La Grande Bibliothèque on De Maisonneuve East and through the UQAM, corner of Berri and Ste-Catherine. 

Entrance / Exit: Berri Street, Ste-Catherine East, de Maisonneuve East and St-Denis Street. Bicycle Parking Space: None it seems.

Berri-UQAM Metro Station - Ville-Marie Borough

Montreal Metro Yellow Line

Architect: Jean Dumontier - City of Montreal. Artwork: Sculpture by Charters de Almeida and Murals by Jean DumontierOpened: April 1967.

Photo TVA Nouvelles - Montreal Metro

Origin of the name: The Parc Jean-Drapeau and the metro station both commemorate Jean-Drapeau (1916-1999). Mayor of Montréal from 1954 to 1957 and from 1960 to 1986, Drapeau saw the metro as a potential symbol of innovation for Montreal. 

Specific Aspects: From 1967 to 2000, the station was called Île-Sainte-Hélène where it is located. Entrance / Exit: Ile Sainte-Hélène and the Terminus Longueuil.

Jean-Drapeau Metro Station - City of Longueuil

Longueuil - Université de Sherbrooke
Metro Station - 
Yellow Line

Architect: Jean Dumontier - City of Montréal. Artwork: Bas-Relief by Jean Dumontier, artist and architect. Opened: April 1967. 

550x413Photo Ici Radio-Canada - Montreal Metro

Origin of the name:  In 1657, Louis XIV granted what was then the Seigniory of Longueuil to Charles le Moyne de Longueuil et de Châteauguay (1626-1685). Plus, the campus of the Université de Sherbrooke founded in 1954 is located next to the station since 2002.

Specific Aspect: Longueuil, after the City of Longueuil where it is located was the name of the station from 1967 to 2002. Entrance / Exit: Place Charles Lemoyne. Bicycle Parking Space: None it seems.

Longueuil - Université de Sherbrooke
City of Longueuil

Montreal URBAN Kit
Montreal Metro Yellow Line by Rachel Louise Barry

Solo Build It!

Discovering the many aspects that characterize Montreal and Montrealers