Public Safety Benefits
Go out, do some urban exploration and promote our public safety benefits. Become an urban explorer. Find out about our urban city areas and have fun discovering our urban styles and urban trends.
Go for long walks, avoid dark side streets and profit from our urban arts and urban parks. Montreal is a safe city, event if it has some shady areas to avoid especially at night.
Get to know our local areas, both shady and bright and you will be safe. The City of Montreal with its unique multicultural and multilingual lifestyle was and still is a safe city, one of the safest in the world.
Crime rate in Montreal is ranked low by residents and public security safety is very high but still, follow your instincts, create your own list of public safety tips and make sure they all are put into good use.
Human nature has its dark side, but if we care, if we feel responsible and if we collaborate, we can help create a very neighborly and very friendly atmosphere in each of our areas and streets.
Safety Tips in an Urban City
confident in your walking, moving with confidence and with a sense
of purpose is one good public safety tip to remember. It is also one
good way of avoiding assaults and troubles.
- At night it is best to walk down well-lit and busy streets. If a driver stops and asks for information, it is always safer to stay on the sidewalk and keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle.
- There is no need to avoid interactions with others, but being rude, especially when others are rude to you can give rise to insults and danger.
to use lethal force to stop an attacker with a weapon or entering
into any kind of urban battle is always a very dangerous decision.
never a good idea to let your valuables in unattended vehicles, a
public safety tip often neglected or completely forgotten.
is imperative that you always lock your car doors and close the
windows, even if you leave your vehicle for just a few moments.
Public Safety Benefits
- Bring your own urban survival kit with you, one with a flashlight, drinking water, a small first aid kit and, of course, your phone.
- Make sure you do not carry large sums of money or valuable items in your backpack or handbag.
- If you think you are being followed, the best alternative is to change direction and then check and make sure you are safe.
not get involved in arguments or fights. If
you witness an argument, get out of the way or, better yet, leave
the location completely.
- If someone tries to grab your bag and you resist, you may get hurt. Let the thief take it. Your physical well-being is much more important than your bag,
- Carry your cash and your cell phone separately. If worst comes to worst, you could throw your bag in one direction and head the other way without losing your cash or your phone.
you think that someone may get injured or has been injured, dial
911, the number to dial anywhere in North America when all kinds of
emergency services are required.
Montreal URBAN KIT
Public Safety Benefits by Rachel Louise Barry
Top of Page
Montreal Kits © All Rights Reserved 2018-2022.
The information provided by Montreal Kits is informational only and has no legal value.