Metro Orange Line 3

The last 10 stations out of the 31 stations of the Metro Orange Line 3.


Place Saint-Henri - Metro Orange Line

Opened: April 1980. Origin of the Name: The Place Saint-Henri is where the Village des Tanneries was located during the 18th century. It is also where, in 1810, the first chapel was built and dedicated to Henry II, the Holy Roman Emperor also known as Saint-Henry.

550x758Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: The station served as a terminus for the Orange line from April 1980 to September 1981Entrance / Exit: St-Ferdinand Street. Bicycle Parking Space: 42 bicycle stands are available outside the station.  


Vendome - Metro Orange Line

Opened: September 1981. Origin of the Name: Avenue de Vendôme, recalls any of the Dukes of Vendôme, many of which played an important role in the history of France.

550x713Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: At first, the Vendome Station was to be called Maisonneuve Station. Entrance / Exit: de Maisonneuve Boulevard West. Bicycle Parking Space: 217 bicycle stands are available outside the station.


Villa-Maria - Metro Orange Line 3

Opened: September 1981. Origin of the Name: The Villa Maria School, a private high school for girls founded in 1854 by the Congrégation de Notre-Dame and put under the protection of the Virgin Mary.

550x764Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: At first, the station was to be called Monkland. Entrance / Exit: Decarie Boulevard. Bicycle Parking Space: 28 bicycle stands are available outside the station.  


Snowdon - Metro Orange Line

Opened:September 1981 (Orange line) and January 1988 (Blue line). Origin of the Name: The Snowdon area refers to the name of its former landowner and, eventually, to a transfer point for tramways. 

550x699Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects:The station served as a terminus for the Orange line from September 1981 to January 1982. Entrance / Exit: Chemin Queen-Mary. Bicycle Parking Space: None it seems. 


Cote-Sainte-Catherine Metro Line

Opened: January 1982. Origin of the Name: the chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine was once a road that went through a village called Côte-Sainte-Catherine and that eventually became Outremont in 1875. 

550x554Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: The station served as a terminus for the Orange line from January to June 1982. Entrance / Exit: Chemin de la Côte-Ste-Catherine. Bicycle Parking Space: 21 bicycle stands are available outside the station.  


Plamondon - Metro Orange Line 3

Opened: June 1982. Origin of the Name: Plamondon Street and Metro Station commemorate Antoine Plamondon, painter (1804-1895) and Rodolphe Plamondon, opera singer (1875-1940).

550x524Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: This station served as a terminus for the Orange line from June 1982 to January 1984. Entrance / Exit: Plamondon and Victoria Avenues. Bicycle Parking Space: 39 bicycle stands are available outside the station.


Namur - Metro Orange Line

Opened: January 1984. Origin of the Name: Namur Street refers to its namesake city in Belgium, capital of Wallonia and administrative center of the province of Namur.

550x751Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: A second entrance is now planned for the south side of the station. Entrance / Exit: Décarie Boulevard. Bicycle Parking Space: 35 bicycle stands are available outside the station.


de la Savane - Metro Orange Line

Opened: January 1984. Origin of the Name: rue de la Savane is part of an old road that may have run trough a zone between land and water called marshland.

550x609Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: A second entrance at the south side of this station will eventually be added. Entrance / Exit: Décarie Boulevard. Bicycle Parking Space: 42 bicycle stands are available outside the station. 


du College - Metro Orange Line 3

Opened: January 1984. Origin of the Name:rue du Collège marks the role of the Collège de Saint-Laurent, an educational institution established in 1847 by the Holy Cross Congregation. 

550x687Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: From January 1984 to October 1986 the station was the last station of the Orange line. Entrance / Exit: Collège and Ouimet Streets. Bicycle Parking Space: 36 bicycle stands are available outside the station.


Cote-Vertu - Metro Orange Line

Opened: October 1986. Origin of the Name: the Côte Vertu Boulevard of today dates back to the 1700s and was initially called Chemin Notre-Dame-de-Vertu,  Notre-Dame-de-la-Vertu and Notre-Dame-des-Vertus.

550x445Montreal Photo RLB

Specific Aspects: For a long time, Côte-Vertu was the only station with the metro car doors being properly aligned to the signs on the platforms.

Entrance / Exit: Côte-Vertu Boulevard and Edouard-Laurin Street. Bicycle Parking Space: 77 bicycle stands are available outside the station. 

Metro Orange Line 1 / Metro Orange Line 2

Montreal URBAN Kit
Metro Orange Line 3 by Rachel Louise Barry

40x40
40x40
40x40
40x40
40x40
40x40

Solo Build It!